- Mobile App
The Corinth National Cemetery, located on Horton Street, was founded in 1866 and is the final resting place for 1,793 known and 3,895 unknown soldiers representing 273 regiments from 15 states. The process of consecrating remains was begun in September 1864. The remains were garthered from some fifteen or twenty battlefields or skirmish grounds from Corinth, Iuka, Holly Springs, Guntown and Farmington, Mississippi. By 1870, when the interment program was practically completed, Corinth was number sixteen in the order of National Cemeteries having 5,688 interments.