- Mobile App
Ninety years ago (July, 1924) the palatial, multi-purpose Coliseum Theater celebrated its opening in downtown Corinth. The Coliseum has been and remains today the most monumental theatre space in Corinth, Mississippi and the surrounding area. Built in 1924 by self-styled architect, Benjamin Franklin Liddon, the Coliseum has long been integral to the cultural development of Northeast Mississippi as well as being architecturally significant in its city and state: in the City, as a major congregation space and physical reminder of the richness of the City and County’s past; and in the state, as a breed of shelters for culture built in a day when concern for quality was manifested in people’s reverence of the arts. In its life the Coliseum has served a variety of purposes.